Decorate for fall with this simple DIY for the most Whimsical Pumpkin Wreath!
*some links below are affiliate links in which I make a small commission through purchases!*
- FOAM WREATH – https://rstyle.me/cz-n/fq2m8fcx7ex **make sure to check the size for your preference. This one is smaller and worked out perfect for what I wanted! **
- MINI PUMPKINS – https://www.joann.com/bloom-room-autumn-mini-bagged-pumpkins—cream/18142430.html I picked up 4 bags from Michael’s but these look just like them.
- VELVET PUMPKINS – https://rstyle.me/cz-n/fq2mudcx7ex
- ACRYLIC PAINT – here are the three colors I used.
- EMBELLISHMENT: yarn, glitter, tulle
- PAINT PEN: https://rstyle.me/cz-n/fq2p5mcx7ex
- ELMER’S CLEAR GLUE
- GLITTER: https://rstyle.me/cz-n/fq2q4rcx7ex
- HOT GLUE
STEP 1: Paint all of the pumpkins (except the velvet ones) in the colors you choose. I stuck with pink, tan and white for more of a neutral, girly look! Leave the pumpkins out to dry completely. Repeat with a second coat of paint if desired.
Glitter the stems of some of the pumpkins by using Elmer’s clear glue and glitter of your choice. Some of the stems that I didn’t add glitter to, I tied with yarn instead. Finally, start decorating the pumpkins! I added stars and polka dots to mine!
Also, cut the velvet pumpkins off of the picks!
STEP 3: After the painted pumpkins have completely dried start hot gluing them (and the loose velvet pumpkins) to the pumpkin wreath. Pick a spot to start and keep making your way around, adding a second layer where there are bigger gaps to fill those holes in. Continue doing this until you’ve fully completed the ring!
At the end, step back and admire your work! You just made a Whimsical Pumpkin Wreath!